Friday, March 25, 2011

Forgive me dear readers!

SO I have pretty much have FAILED in the blogging department in the last like 2 weeks!! Its been a very busy 2 weeks! My brothers came home for spring break and they had a great time. I tried to make it through the week so I could get to my spring break. So here we are! I wanted to share a little lesson that I learned from swim lessons. If you know me you are sick and tired of hearing about swim lessons! But just 1 quick story!

The past few times in swim lessons I have made the children journey to the deep end. You would think that I was leading them to their doom. Their little faces are frozen with fear and they come up with every excuse in the book on why we should NOT go to the deep end. When we finally get there I hop in and the first question is always how deep is it today. (Like it changes?) I often come up with different answers but never give them an actual number.

So we get in and they are glued to the wall. I try to coax them off but then they move to the other wall and grip it until their knuckles are white. I pry them off the wall and encourage them to float. One girl claims that "I can't swim in this water I will drown!" I tell her that the deep-end water is the same as the shallow water but she still does not believe me. She tries to float and lets her legs drop to the bottom of the pool then panics.  I grabbed her up and said " your fine I have got you"

I realized then that we are very much like her! When God gives us an opportunity to go deeper with him, or do something out of our comfort zone we often grip to the shallow end. When we finally go a little bit into the deep end-- we lose all of our faith in God. We think that he is going to let us drown with this new bit of freedom. God only wants us to grow and have new experiences  but we would rather stay where its safe.

Friends I am calling you to go the deep-end! The new experiences there will be worth the fear and discomfort!
Till next time, Jenny

P.S. Its my Dad's birthday today! Love you! You are the best dad in the world!

3 comments:

  1. Love this!!

    "When we finally get there I hop in and the first question is always how deep is it today. (Like it changes?) I often come up with different answers but never give them an actual number.)" Just one of 103478 reasons I love you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! you have a clear, and deep, understanding. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wise, sweet girl!! The Lord has you in the shallow or the deep! love you!

    ReplyDelete