Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day friends! I hope you are feeling very loved and doing some loving your self. I wanted to share something that I learned last night while reading my Bible


 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

We have all heard this verse about a thousand times and probably could recite this in our sleep. I find that sometimes that after hearing a verse over and over it loses some of its newness and meaning. A few years ago our pastor suggested that when reading this verse to put our own names in for love. So it would be Jenny is patient, Jenny is kind, Jenny does not envy etc...

After doing that with the whole passage I just sat back and thought  Whoa... I am none of those things! It kinda slapped me in the face for a second.

Something that I have been recognizing of late is my utter need and desire for a Savior.  At first I was frustrated with myself for NOT being all of those things. But then I was filled with a peace and a kind of joy. Why? Because I have a Savior that is so willing to help me work on being patient and kind. 

Hope this puts you in the right place today!
With love Jenny

P.S. I have the best mother in the WHOLE world! WHY??? Because on today she brought me a smoothie and a heart shaped balloon!!!!! :) Go ahead and just think how awesome she is!

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, Jenny I really like your blogging! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jenny! You are precious!! With the famous Love chapter, when we put it as Jesus in me is patient, Jesus in me is kind, ....He is the one who makes the changes. We are all desperate for Him! What a great gift that He would so lavish on us with His love!! I love you, dear girl!! Keep writing... I love reading your heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeennnnyyyy! this is great! you have brought a new perspective to that verse,...as you said, something hearing it too many times makes it lose it's value. thanks for this great words for thought! love you!

    ReplyDelete